yessss i loved the prolouge so bad this is gonna be epic swag
In Stars and Time
A downloadable game
What would you do if you were forced to relive your failures over and over again?
In Stars and Time tells the story of Siffrin and their adventurer friends—a found family bound together by fate in order to end the tyrannical reign of an evil king. But as victory is just within the party’s grasp, a tragedy occurs, the clock resets, and they have to do it all again.
As Siffrin’s the only one who notices this loop, each new start wears away at his cheerful veneer, yet he keeps going in hopes he can end this temporal tragedy once and for all.
In Stars and Time is a time-looping RPG adventure. With each loop, Siffrin gains a new perspective on the world around them, opening up new solutions to puzzles and allowing them to make better choices in conversation. Equip memories as armor, pray to the Change God to improve your team’s capabilities each loop, and challenge deadly foes to Rock, Papers, Scissors as Siffrin seeks the truth.
If any of this interests you, you might also want to play the game’s initial prototype, START AGAIN START AGAIN START AGAIN: A Prologue. While you don’t need to play it to understand In Stars and Time, it’s fun to see the game’s roots!
✦ Our Adventurers
- Siffrin (he/they): Stressed, depressed, and under duress. (Don’t worry about it. They’re doing fine.) The punmaster protagonist of our neverending tale.
- Mirabelle (she/her): A caring and nervous housemaiden mysteriously blessed by the god she so ardently follows.
- Isabeau (he/him): Defender with a heart of gold. Cares dearly for his people and his friends.
- Odile (she/her):The mature and nonsensical researcher studying…something. (No, she will not tell you what it is.)
- Bonnie (they/them): Wait a minute, who brought this kid along???
- Save the world through the power of Rock, Paper, Scissors in strategic turn-based RPG combat encounters.
- Ignore the limits of time and space to fix your past mistakes by repeating the same two days over and over again.
- Equip the memories you have of your friends to make your party stronger in combat.
- Watch the fate of this world unfold as you escape the twists and turns of this endless(???) loop.
- Eat samossas with your friends!
- Get heckled by a cheeky ethereal being of infinite starlight.
- Pray to a god for good luck in your travels. You’re gonna need it.
✦ Content Warning
This game contains mentions of struggles with depression as well as infrequent written and implied mentions of death, suicide, unreality, and self-harm.
Play with care.
- Devlog #10: Questions and Answers30 days ago
- Devlog #9: Play and Testing59 days ago
- Devlog #8: QA and Q&A92 days ago
- Devlog #7 - Tokyos and Game ShowsOct 04, 2022
- New Trailer, New Screenshots, New Demo... and Nintendo Switch!Sep 14, 2022
- Devlog #6 - Demos and PlaytestsSep 01, 2022
- Devlog #5 - Art and ShowsAug 02, 2022
- Devlog #4 - Feedback and SecretsJun 28, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
YES!! I'm so excited, I loved loved playing the prologue <3 <3
Im so excite... fond memories of farming the prologue while on vacation. Grinded everyone to the highest possible level just to see what would happen (for anyone curious, nothing special. but you feel good :)). Looking forward to seeing our little suffering hero suffer some more!
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!
Should I buy it here or Steam?
I am so happy, Thank you<3
I need a ending (A HAPPY ONE) for Siffrin and their friends (T_T).
HELL YEAH!!!!! I can't wait for this!!!
AAAAAAAAA ITS FUCKING HEREEEEEEEE IM READY TO BAWL MY EYES OUT LETS GOOO